Every bride wants things to go smooth on their wedding day. One of the ways to ensure this happens is by keeping your bridesmaids stress-free and happy. It’s a big responsibility to be a bridesmaid! Not only do they have to ensure that the bride has what she needs, she also has a hand in all the prep work up until the big day. Since the day is mainly focused on the bride and groom, it’s easy to forget the needs of your bridal party. Here are a few ways that you can ensure they are happy and enjoying themselves throughout the day.
- Give them a schedule in advance. Being organized helps everyone know what the expectations of the day are and allow for people with families or busy work schedules enough time to plan accordingly. Remember they still have lives outside of your wedding and you don’t want to disrupt that too much. Making sure you communicate the schedule in advance will allow everyone to plan their own schedules around yours.
- Show them you appreciate them. Don’t forget your pleases and thank you’s. You couldn’t have done all this planning and execution without them and chances are they are looking forward to the big day as much as you are. Give them a little love by writing a special thank you note or calling them out on your wedding website. A little appreciation goes a long way.
- Help them get to know each other. It’s never as fun hanging out with people you don’t really know. You want all of your bridesmaids to feel super comfortable around each other so they can focus on your needs and have a good time while doing it. Plan a few events before the wedding that will give them time to get to know each other before the pressure of bridesmaids duties are lingering.
- Give them a break. It’s a lot of work both mentally and physically throughout the wedding day for all of your bridesmaids. Make sure they have some time to relax and do a few things they want to do. Let them enjoy themselves whenever they can fit it into your schedule.
- Take care of the little things in advance. Make sure bags are packed, lists are made and they have everything they will need to make sure your day runs like a well-oiled machine. The more prepared you are in advance, the better chance they will have the tools they need to support you on your big day.
Be the first to comment